Beaver Opera House
Built in 1908, the Beaver Opera House made Beaver a shining cultural beacon in southern Utah. The classical revival building is constructed of pink tuff and now houses the Opera House Civic Center. The Beaver Opera House was used for vaudeville and community events. It was later renovated for use as a movie theater. By 1929 the Opera House was unable to compete and was turned over to the Utah National Guard, which used the building until 1955. The building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1988.
Take a tour offered by Opera House Civic Center of this this classical revival style building constructed in 1908-1909. It was designed and built by architects Liljenberg and Maeser, for $20,000. The tuff, pink stone is used in many Beaver residences. It served as a “center for community and church affairs” and as a theatre for about two decades.
This incredible historic space is now available for you to rent and host gatherings! Perfect for birthday parties, family reunions or small concerts.